It is common knowledge that keratin treatment can improve hair growth by smoothing and strengthening hair follicles. It likewise reduces hair follicle breakage and boosts healthy hair growth. The keratin protein in the treatment binds to the hair strands. So it causes stronger, smoother, and more resilient hair. It helps prevent hair breakage, split ends, and eventual hair loss. The Keratin treatment in Melbourne lets you get over damaged hair and boost healthier hair growth. Opt for Keratin treatment to improve the appearance and health of hair. It, in turn, will promote more robust and smoother hair growth.
Is keratin hair treatment right for me?
Keratin treatments can be pricey and can be time-consuming. So, one must consider the pros and cons before they commit. It’s always best to talk to a qualified hair care specialist beforehand. Good maintenance is critical for healthy hair growth. Washing and conditioning your tresses and avoiding heat styling are essential steps.
Pros of Keratin Hair Treatment
- Frizz Reduction: One of the main advantages of keratin treatments is their ability to reduce frizz. The keratin formula forms a protective layer around each hair strand. It smoothens down the cuticles and prevents humidity from penetrating the hair. This process results in sleek, frizz-free hair that is easier to manage.
- Enhanced Manageability: Keratin specialists can make hair smooth and silky while softening the hair strands, reducing tangles. It minimises styling time and makes daily hair care routines more effortless.
- Improved Hair Texture: Keratin treatments can transform coarse, unruly hair into silky, smooth locks. The therapy helps to restore the natural protein, keratin, which is depleted in damaged hair, resulting in a softer and more refined texture.
- Long-Lasting Results: Keratin treatments typically offer long-lasting results, with effects lasting for several months. The treatment gradually fades away, so there is no visible regrowth line, and the hair returns to its original state over time.
- Time-Saving: With a keratin treatment at Knox hairdressers, you can reduce the time and effort spent on styling your hair daily. Hair becomes more manageable, requiring less heat styling and reducing the need for frequent touch-ups.
· Chemical Exposure: Keratin treatments involve the use of chemicals, mostly formaldehyde or other aldehydes, to bond the keratin to the hair. Formaldehyde is a harmful substance that has raised health concerns. Therefore, you need to choose a reputable salon that uses formaldehyde-free or low-formaldehyde formulas and ensures proper ventilation during the treatment.
- Temporary Straightening: Keratin treatments can straighten the hair for the time being. While this may be a desired effect for some, those who prefer their natural curl or wave pattern may find that the treatment alters their hair texture.
- Maintenance: Some aftercare requirements must be followed to maintain the results of a keratin treatment. It includes avoiding washing the hair for a specific period after the treatment, using sulphate-free shampoos, and limiting exposure to chlorine or saltwater. Failure to follow these guidelines can compromise the longevity of the treatment.
- Limited Color Options: Keratin treatments may affect hair colour. Lightened or coloured hair may undergo some fading or alteration in shade. It’s vital to discuss any colour-treated hair with your stylist before undergoing the treatment.
Types of Keratin Hair Treatment
- Traditional Keratin Treatment: This is the classic keratin treatment that involves applying a keratin-based formula to the hair and sealing it with a flat iron. It helps to reduce frizz, straighten hair, and add shine. The treatment lasts for several months.
- Formaldehyde-Free Keratin Treatment: To address concerns about the potential health risks associated with formaldehyde, many salons offer formaldehyde-free keratin treatments. These treatments use alternative ingredients or methods to achieve similar results without formaldehyde. They are considered safer but may have a shorter lifespan compared to traditional treatments.
- Keratin Treatment for Curls: This type of keratin treatment in Melbourne is specifically designed for curly or wavy hair. It aims to relax and loosen the curls while reducing frizz, making the hair more manageable. The treatment maintains some natural wave or curl pattern rather than completely straightening the hair.
- Keratin Treatment with Color Protection: Some salons offer keratin treatments that also help protect hair colour. These treatments get formulated to lower colour fading and damage caused by frequent washing and styling. They provide the benefits of keratin smoothing while preserving hair colour vibrancy.
- Keratin Treatment for Damaged Hair: The type of keratin treatment focuses on repairing and restoring damaged or treated hair. It has a more intensive conditioning process to nourish and strengthen the hair strands. Hence, it improves their health and appearance.
Keratin hair treatments by Knox hairdressers offer several advantages. It includes frizz reduction and enhanced hair texture. However, it’s vital to consider the potential drawbacks, like exposure to chemicals, straightening, cost, maintenance conditions, and potential effects on hair colour. Before deciding on a keratin treatment, consult with a professional stylist to set your hair’s suitability and discuss any concerns.