We all know that MultiVersus is an online game available to play completely free of cost on different types of platforms like Microsoft Windows, PlayStation consoles, and Xbox series consoles. MultiVersus features characters from Warner, DC Comics, HBO, Turner Entertainment, Adult Swim, and Cartoon Network. Just like the Super Smash Bros series, MultiVersus makes use of battles on different types of stages to drag the adversaries outside the field. A character is smashed farther away the more damage they take.
This fighting game, MultiVersus allows you to join up with your friends and utilize some of the most popular figures like Shaggy, Batman, and many more. You need to save the Multiverse by using the fighter combos of your choice. The gamers give positive ratings for the game on different types of platforms. But one of the most important drawbacks of the game is that the players are facing lag and high latency when they are playing MultiVersus continuously.
According to the inventors, the game MultiVersus has been recently launched and is now in Early Access. This implies the number of MultiVersus servers is nowhere near that of the big games. The MultiVersus client servers or something else that is infringing on your side of the games could be to blame for the Multiverse Lag. So to identify the problem there is not one thing you should prioritize. This article will guide you as to how to fix Multiverse lag.
What is the Multiverse lag issue?
The players of different kinds of platforms are getting affected by the Multiverse lag issue. All the issues are substantial and the players are therefore complaining about the huge range of problems. The players are having different kinds of issues. Some players are getting thrown out of matches, some are having issues with rubber-banding, or teleportation, where their character suddenly turns up in a different part of the screen.
It is very difficult to identify the reason for these issues. But you have to keep in mind that the game is still in its Beta phase. This might be one of the most important reasons for these issues. The servers try to handle the volume of traffic which might be a cause of the lag issue in MultiVersus.
No matter what the cause is, we are expecting that the lagging issues with MultiVersus will be resolved before the complete release of the game. The people who have played the game till now have enjoyed the game fully. But the lag is indeed very irritating for gamers.
Why Does MultiVersus Lag?
Multiversus became very popular which is a blessing as well as a curse. It enables you to work with other players with differing Internet connection speeds. If you have performance issues when using the Internet in general on a console you can expect lag spikes when playing MultiVersus.
The two main concerns for lag are your Internet speed and hardware. Console players can use the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service to improve. PC gamers will want to focus on CPU, memory, and graphics cards. Everyone requires a fast Internet connection.
How Will You Fix MultiVersus Lag?
You have to keep in mind that Multiverse is still now in its testing stages. That is why errors are very common. Sometimes the problems are not under the control of the game operators. No official end date of Multiverse beta has been announced yet, so you have to experience these MultiVersus lag issues for a while yet.
But there are some steps that you can try to make MultiVersus lag fix or reduce MultiVersus issues with lag. The best possible ways to fix MultiVersus lagging are as follows:
Fix 1: Check Your Server Region
You have to first check whether you are connected to the “closest server to me”. If by any chance you are connected to a distant server you will experience more Multiversus lag. If you want to fix MultiVersus server lag you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, you have to open MultiVersus on your selected platform.
- Then you have to click on the gear icon on the left sidebar.
- Then you have to select Online/Legal.
- After this, you have to click on the dropdown box next to Preferred Server Region.
- Then you have to choose the server that you want to change to.
Otherwise, if you are already attached to your closest server region, it should try a different region, in case there is small traffic. If there is lower traffic that means there is less pressure on the server, which can help with MultiVersus lag problems.
Fix 2: Check Your Specs
You have to ensure that your system meets the minimum suggested specifications for the game. If you try to play the game using equipment that is not so strong, you will always experience MultiVersus laggy when you try to run the game.
The recommended PC specifications are as follows:
Minimum Specifications (Low Settings):
- 60 FPS at 720p
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 7770
Recommended Specifications (High Settings):
- 60 FPS at 1080p
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon R9 270
Maximum Specifications (Ultra Settings):
- 60 FPS at 2160p (4K)
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 980 or Radeon RX Vega 56
Fix 3: Try Lowering Your Graphics Settings
You may lower your graphics settings to get rid of Multiverses lagging. In this way, you will be able to play the game smoothly. To fix this is due you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, you have to go to Settings.
- Then you need to click on Graphics.
- Then you have to go through all the different settings and lower them from their highest settings.
It is completely your choice how low you decide to go. We recommend you put everything on very low, to begin with, to try and improve performance. And then you can start playing around with putting it on higher settings to see how this affects your lag.
Fix 4: Check the internet connection
Another way to get rid of MultiVersus’ laggy servers is to check if there are any connection issues. MiltiVersus is an online game. So, it is quite evident that you may find lag issues if there is an unstable internet connection. In case your internet is not working smoothly, you will experience MultiVersus lag issues. If you want to make sure you have a stable internet connection, you need to perform an internet speed check with the help of a web application like speedtest.net. I will require only 3 minutes. You need to follow the steps given below to check your internet connection:
- First, you have to open your browser on your computer.
- Then you have to choose an internet browser as per your choice.
- Then you need to type speedtest.net to have your internet speed checked. A speed test site is one of the most popular web tools to check your connection speed.
- Then you need to press the Go button to start the speed test immediately.
- You have to wait for the results of the speed test to be completed. You will be able to find out how fast your download and upload speed is.
If you have a volatile network connection then you can check if it is induced by your networking devices by following the steps given below:
- You have to turn off your computer first.
- Then you have to unplug the power cords from your Modem and Router.
- Then you have to reconnect your modem and router to the power supply after a minute and turn on the devices.
- After this, you need to wait for the lights to come on again.
- Finally, you have to turn on your P
Fix 5: Close Background Programs
Sometimes the apps or programs that are running in the background on a PC may hamper a game and can hog up the resources that are required for it. If you want to make sure of a smooth performance without intermissions, you need to close all unnecessary applications including Chrome, antivirus software, VPN, etc. Then, you have to restart your PC and check whether you are facing lag in MultiVersus again. The same process is applicable for console players – you need to turn off the system, restart and try to launch the game again.
Fix 6: Check for Bugs
People are always trying to find out the reason “why is multiversus so laggy?” Players who complain that their character freezes, teleports, or suddenly lags or the game becomes unplayable, find out if other players are also facing the same. You can check out the Multiversus subreddit or talk to the community on Discord or Twitter. If it is surely a bug, you may rest assured that the developers will fix it in a forthcoming patch.
Fix 7: Update GPU driver
You have to check whether your GPU has the dessert drivers installed. If there is an outdated GPU driver, it will cause the Multiverse lag issues. You have to install the latest graphics and card drivers on your computer to improve the performance of the game and resolve the glitches and bugs. If you want to update the driver you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- You have to just type Device Manager in the search bar on your desktop and then you need to click the Device Manager icon that appears in the results. This will open the device manager.
- After this, you have to click the Display adapters icon. The list of display adapters will be widened.
- Then you have to right-click the GPU you are using to play the game and then you need to select the Update driver. This will enable you to update your driver.
- Then you have to choose Search automatically for drivers. This will search online for any new drivers and install them on your device.
Fix 8: Update MultiVersus
If you have not updated your MultiVersus game for a certain amount of time you have to follow the steps to check if there are any updates available and install the latest one:
- First, you have to open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on MultiVersus from the left pane.
- It will automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, you have to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Close the Steam client.
- Finally, you need to reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
Fix 9: Use a VPN
Your MultiVersus high game ping or lagging issue arises because there are interruptions to your MultiVersus connection, such as ISP throttle or extra relays. And if you connect through a VPN it will help you to get around them.
Using a VPN usually needs some time and computer skills. If you want a convenient option, you should try a VPN service. And we recommend you use NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
NordVPN is an easy-to-use and fast VPN service. You will be able to set up a VPN connection with just a few mouse clicks. And its fast-speed servers at multiple locations offer you a comfortable and reliable experience. If you want to use NordVPN on your computer you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- You have to first download and install NordVPN on your computer.
- Then you have to run NordVPN and sign in to your account.
- In the final step, you have to click the Connect switch. This will automatically connect you to the VPN server recommended for your device.
How can I reduce my ping lag?
If you want to lower gaming ping the most effective way you should opt for is to do a reset. You need to reset or restart your Wi-Fi router and reboot your device or computer too. If you reset your router from time to time it will help you to reset your DNS cache and remove data that is unnecessarily claiming space. This will help you to reduce ping for games
Is MultiVersus free?
Yes, MultiVersus is a free-to-play, PVP-style game that was introduced to us by Warner Bros. It is taking full advantage of its pop culture IP. There will be a paid element to the game which initially is the ‘MultiVersus Founder Pack’ which has three different editions all giving the player access to exclusive items and perks including instant access to the open beta, 15-30 character tokens to unlock characters and much more. You can check out the founder packs.
How do I improve my connection with MultiVersus?
The players may find some game server ping with MultiVersus. The first step you need to take to fix the “Connection Lost” issue in MultiVersus is to restart your PC or console. If that is not capable enough to resolve the problem, you should restart your modem. For the modem, you need to unplug the connections for around 30 seconds before plugging everything back in. This will not let your MultiVersus laggy.
You should try the above-mentioned fixes to resolve your Multiverse high ping of lagging issues. The users often claim multi versus servers are bad. They are eager to know “why is my multiverse lagging?” We ensure that this guide will help you to understand why Multiverse lags so much.